You are here: Homepage > Home insurance > Optional extra > Family legal protection
Family Legal Protection
What is Family Legal Protection?
Disputes can occur anywhere in everyday life; with tradesmen working at your home or even as a result of a bad holiday experience. Simply add Family Legal Protection at a cost of £25 per year and benefit from up to £50,000 of legal expenses covering the following:
- Personal injury – death or bodily injury to you
- Contract dispute – a dispute arising out of an agreement you have for buying or hiring goods or services; selling goods; or buying or selling your home.
- Property protection – a dispute arising out of you owning or living in your home.
- Employment – a dispute arising out of your employment.
- Tax protection – a full enquiry by HM Revenue & Customs, if the enquiry resulted from your work as an employee.
- Inheritance dispute – a dispute over something left to you in a will.
- Legal defence – your work as an employee which leads to: you being prosecuted in a magistrates’ or crown court; civil action being taken against you for unlawful discrimination because of someone’s sex, race, disability, religious belief or political opinion; or civil action being taken against you under section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Motoring prosecution – you being prosecuted for an offence connected with using or driving a motor vehicle.
- Salary while you attend jury service – we will pay your salary or wages for each half or whole day you attend jury service if you cannot claim them back from the court or from your employer.
You can also add other optional extras such as Accidental Damage cover, which provides protection to your buildings and contents against accidents - like drilling through a water pipe or spilling wine on the carpet, Personal Possessions cover, which will cover your belongings for loss, damage or theft anywhere in the British Isles and Home Emergency cover, which provides emergency assistance, including call-out, labour and parts up to a total of £500.
Chat to Churchill
Would you rather speak to us? Call our UK-based call centres for a quote on 0800 032 7199