Public Liability Insurance

Protection for your business, £1m of Public Liability cover included as standard


Who needs Public Liability Insurance?

Our Public Liability Insurance covers tradesmen and other self‐employed professionals against compensation claims from members of the public.

If you deal with customers or other members of the public, either at their property or your own premises, you could benefit from Public Liability Insurance. Not all accidents can be avoided, but getting covered can help you minimise the stress and financial strain that comes with being sued.

What do Churchill’s insurance policies cover?

Our standard policy provides £1m of public liability cover, with access to our free 24/7 legal helpline and your own personal claims handler should you need to make a claim.

Take a look at our optional extras


Public Liability Cover up to £10m

Many larger clients will stipulate a minimum level of cover for contractors. Increase yours to £2m or £5m, or up to £10m if you call us.


Employers’ Liability Insurance

You’re required by law to have employers’ liability cover if you hire anyone, including apprentices. Add up to £10m cover to your Churchill policy.


Equipment Cover

Get cover for your tools and business equipment (including mobile phones and laptops) up to £10,000 per person.


Personal Accident

Insure named people in the business, aged 16‐75 years, against personal accidents, and add death benefit up to £10,000, (weekly benefits up to £100).

Business Stock

We can provide cover for your business stock up to £5,000.

Contract Works

Need contract works cover? Choose a level up to £500,000.

Own Plant Cover

Add own plant cover (including temporary buildings and site huts) up to £50,000 to your public liability policy.

Hired in Plant Cover

We offer hired in plant cover with a limit of up to £50,000, with a maximum single article limit of £20,000.

I am a tradesman

Churchill’s Public Liability Insurance covers a wide variety of trades. Find out more about our cover for tradesmen in your industry:

Builders Insurance
Plumbers Insurance
Electricians Insurance
Carpenters Insurance
Gardeners Insurance

Get in touch if you’re not sure whether we cover your industry.

I am a small business owner

We can provide important cover for a range of self-employed professions, from consultants to hairdressers.

Beauty Insurance
Hairdressing Insurance
Consultants Insurance

Your specific insurance needs will change depending on the work you do, but having some amount of liability cover can be critical for any businesses, which work with members of the public.

Got a question?

Find an answer to what you’re looking for online.

Find out more

Contact us

Would you rather speak to someone?

Call our agents for a quote, on

0345 878 8194

Contact us

Opening hours

  • Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm