Contact the over 50s life insurance team
Over 50s Life Insurance is provided by Legal & General.
Over 50s Life Insurance – how to apply online
Apply online for Churchill’s Over 50s Life Insurance and save time. It couldn’t be easier – all you need to know is how much you want to pay each month. And when you apply make sure you’ve got your bank details to hand. Acceptance is guaranteed.
Apply by phone – call the team on:
0800 048 1608
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday.
To maintain a quality service, calls may be monitored and recorded. Call charges will vary.
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll help you sort out any queries you may have. Just call us on: 0370 163 0657
How to make a claim
When your family needs to make a claim they can call Legal & General’s UK-based claims team on:
0800 137 101 and we’ll let them know what to do next.
Lines are open 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. To maintain a quality service, we may record and monitor calls.
If your family is calling from abroad, they need to call on 0044 1273 374 665. Remember, calls are charged at the prevailing international rate.
Or they could also contact us by mail or email at:
Legal & General Assurance Society Limited
Things you need to know:
- A claim can be made after one year, regardless of the cause of death. If you die from natural causes within the first year we will refund any premiums paid, unless you die as the result of an accident, when we will pay your cash sum.
- Depending on how long you live, total premiums paid may be greater than the cash sum payable on death.
- After your 90th birthday you will stop paying premiums but your cover will continue.
- If you stop paying premiums before the end of your policy, your cover will end 30 days after your missed premium and you won’t get anything back.
- This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value until a valid claim is made.
- Inflation will reduce the buying power of your cash sum in the future.