What do you get with Churchill pet insurance?
- 30% off when you buy online.
(Introductory discount applied over the first 12 months)
- 24-hour helplines
Our pet insurance includes 24-hour helplines for find a vet, pet legal and bereavement counselling
- Up to £3,000 towards vet fees
Up to £3,000 towards vet fees for each condition your pet has, for up to 12 months from the first date of treatment. We can also pay your vet directly.
Summary of cover
What our pet insurance cover has to offer and the upper limits you can claim.
|Cover||Up to the value of|
|Vets fees limit||£3,000 for each separate injury or illness for 12 months from the first date of treatment for each new condition.|
|Time limit||Up to 12 months from the first date of treatment|
|Complementary treatment||£1,000 per condition|
|Consultation fees limit||£45 per visit|
|Out of hours consultation fees limit||£110 per visit|
|Histology fees limit||£70|
|Cytology fees limit||£70|
|Hydrotherapy or physiotherapy limit (max 15 sessions)||£35 per session|
What isn't included
- Claims for or connected with a pre-existing condition, symptom or event.
- Claims for any illness, disease or related condition once the vet fee benefit limit has been reached.
- Non-essential or routine treatment or costs.
- Claims for or connected to any illness or disease arising during the first 10 days of the pet being covered.
- Any claims for, or connected to, preventative care such as vaccinations or flea or worming treatment.
The above is only a summary of some of the exclusions. For more detailed information please refer to the pet insurance policy document.
To keep the number of questions we ask you to a minimum, we make some assumptions about you and your pet. Please make sure you read the assumptions below as they’ll form part of your insurance contract.
We assume that:
- You accept that there’s no cover for any existing or previous condition or symptoms your pet has suffered or anything in any way related to them.
- You accept that there’s no cover for illness or disease arising within the first 10 days from the start date of the policy or the addition of a pet to a policy.
- You agree that where your pet is aged 7 years or more, in the event of a vet fees claim, in addition to your policy excess you’ll pay a percentage of the claim. The amount you’ll need to pay is shown in the policy wording.
- You’re a resident of the United Kingdom, the owner and keeper of the pet(s) and the pet(s) is/are kept in the United Kingdom at the address given.
- Your pet(s) has/have no vicious tendencies.
- You’ve never had any special terms imposed on a pet insurance policy applicable to the pet(s) to be covered under this policy.
- Your pet(s) won’t be used for monetary gain or in connection with any trade or business, commercial, guard or security purposes or for any form of racing, breeding or gun dog use.
- You agree to take proper and reasonable care of the pet(s) at all times.
- You accept that if the pet(s) has/have not been vaccinated or boosters up to date the conditions for which vaccines are routinely available won’t be covered under the policy.
- You agree that your pet meets the following age limits at the start date of the policy: over 8 weeks old but under 10 years 11 months (6 years for some dog breeds).
- You agree to keep us informed of any changes that could affect the policy.
- You accept that we won’t make any payment for any claim that results from an incident covered by other insurance, unless the cover provided by that insurance has been used up, such as but not limited to, third party liability.
- You accept that all cover is subject to the policy remaining in force. Any treatment, costs, fees or charges that are incurred for any section of the policy wording during a period of insurance where the premium hasn’t been received won’t be paid.
- You’ve read the policy wording which is located in the pet insurance policy documents
Take a look at our optional extras
Third party liability for dogs
For when your dog accidentally injures someone or damages their property and you don't already have liability cover under another policy.
Overseas Travel cover
In case your pet needs medical treatment while abroad, and you've followed the Government Pet Travel Scheme guidelines.
5 in 1 benefits package
- Payment if your pet (under 11 years old) dies from an injury or illness
- Cover towards adverts or rewards to help find your missing pet
- Payment if your lost or stolen pet isn't found within 45 days
- Cover towards pet boarding costs if you're in hospital for more than four days in a row
- Holiday cancellation cover if your pet needs life-saving treatment while you're away
All optional extras are subject to conditions, limits and exclusions. More details can be found here.
Get a 10% discount for insuring more than one pet
Apply online for a Multi-pet policy to insure up to 3 cats and dogs, on one policy, with a single set of documents, one policy number and a 10% Multipet discount
Alternatively, you can apply for a Multi-pet policy for up to 10 cats and dogs, with a 10% Multi-pet discount, by calling our Pet Customer Service team on 0800 917 7863.
Things you need to know
- As soon as your pet starts getting medical treatment for an illness or injury, it's considered a pre-existing condition going forward.
- We'll cover ongoing claims up to the limit set out in your policy. If you decide to take out a new policy or switch insurers, you’ll need to check if pre-existing conditions will be covered.
- You'll need to keep paying for your insurance to make sure your pet is covered. If your policy isn't valid, then vet fees for ongoing conditions won't be covered.
- When you make a claim, you’ll need to pay your policy excess; the amount of money you’ve agreed to contribute towards each condition your pet has. If you’re claiming for vet fees and your pet is seven years old or more, you’ll also need to pay an additional 20% of the total cost of that claim.
Find out more
- As your pet gets older, the cost of your insurance will probably go up.
Download pet insurance policy documents
Got a question?
Find an answer to what you’re looking for online.