What do you get with Churchill pet insurance?
- 30% off when you buy online.
(Introductory discount applied over the first 12 months)
- 24-hour helplines
Our pet insurance includes 24-hour helplines for find a vet, pet legal and bereavement counselling
- Up to £3,000 towards vet fees
Up to £3,000 towards vet fees for each condition your pet has, for up to 12 months from the first date of treatment. We can also pay your vet directly.
Summary of cover
What our pet insurance cover has to offer and the upper limits you can claim.
|Cover||Up to the value of|
|Vets fees limit||£3,000 for each separate injury or illness for 12 months from the first date of treatment for each new condition.|
|Time limit||Up to 12 months from the first date of treatment|
|Complementary treatment||£1,000 per condition|
|Consultation fees limit||£50 per visit|
|Out of hours consultation fees limit||£115 per visit|
|Histology fees limit||£75|
|Cytology fees limit||£75|
|Hydrotherapy or physiotherapy limit (max 15 sessions)||£45 per session|
What isn't included
- Claims for or connected with a pre-existing condition, symptom or event.
- Claims for any illness, disease or related condition once the vet fee benefit limit has been reached.
- Non-essential or routine treatment or costs.
- Claims for or connected to any illness or disease arising during the first 10 days of the pet being covered.
- Any claims for, or connected to, preventative care such as vaccinations or flea or worming treatment.
The above is only a summary of some of the exclusions. For more detailed information please refer to the pet insurance policy document.
Take a look at our optional extras
Third party liability for dogs
For when your dog accidentally injures someone or damages their property and you don't already have liability cover under another policy.
Overseas Travel cover
In case your pet needs medical treatment while abroad, and you've followed the Government Pet Travel Scheme guidelines.
5 in 1 benefits package
- Payment if your pet (under 11 years old) dies from an injury or illness
- Cover towards adverts or rewards to help find your missing pet
- Payment if your lost or stolen pet isn't found within 45 days
- Cover towards pet boarding costs if you're in hospital for more than four days in a row
- Holiday cancellation cover if your pet needs life-saving treatment while you're away
All optional extras are subject to conditions, limits and exclusions. More details can be found here.
Get a 10% discount for insuring more than one pet
Apply online for a Multi-pet policy to insure up to 3 cats and dogs, on one policy, with a single set of documents, one policy number and a 10% Multipet discount
Alternatively, you can apply for a Multi-pet policy for up to 10 cats and dogs, with a 10% Multi-pet discount, by calling our Pet Customer Service team on 0800 917 7863 .
Things you need to know
- As soon as your pet starts getting medical treatment for an illness or injury, it's considered a pre-existing condition going forward.
- We'll cover ongoing claims up to the limit set out in your policy. If you decide to take out a new policy or switch insurers, you’ll need to check if pre-existing conditions will be covered.
- You'll need to keep paying for your insurance to make sure your pet is covered. If your policy isn't valid, then vet fees for ongoing conditions won't be covered.
- When you make a claim, you’ll need to pay your policy excess; the amount of money you’ve agreed to contribute towards each condition your pet has. If you’re claiming for vet fees and your pet is seven years old or more, you’ll also need to pay an additional 20% of the total cost of that claim.
Find out more
- As your pet gets older, the cost of your insurance will probably go up.
Download pet insurance policy documents
Got a question?
Find an answer to what you’re looking for online.
What are you liable for and what can insurance cover?
Stray cats are often the result of unwanted litters, so consider the benefits of neutering your cat.