Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
What do you get with Churchill pet insurance?
- 30% off when you buy online. (Introductory discount applied over the first 12 months)
- Our pet insurance includes 24-hour helplines for find a vet, pet legal and bereavement counselling
- Up to £3,000 towards vet fees for each condition your pet has, for up to 12 months from the first date of treatment. We can also pay your vet directly.
Do you have more than one pet? Get a 10% discount
If you insure more than one pet on the same policy you'll receive a 10% multi-pet discount (discounts applied consecutively).
Summary of cover
What our pet insurance cover has to offer and the upper limits you can claim.
|Cover||Up to the value of|
|Vets fees limit||£3,000 for each separate injury or illness for 12 months from the first date of treatment for each new condition.|
|Time limit||Up to 12 months from the first date of treatment|
|Complementary treatment||£1,000 per condition|
|Consultation fees limit||£45 per visit|
|Out of hours consultation fees limit||£110 per visit|
|Histology fees limit||£70|
|Cytology fees limit||£70|
|Hydrotherapy or physiotherapy limit (max 15 sessions)||£35 per session|
What isn't included
- Claims for or connected with a pre-existing condition, symptom or event.
- Claims for any illness, disease or related condition once the vet fee benefit limit has been reached.
- Non-essential or routine treatment or costs.
- Claims for or connected to any illness or disease arising during the first 10 days of the pet being covered.
- Any claims for, or connected to, preventative care such as vaccinations or flea or worming treatment.
The above is only a summary of some of the exclusions. For more detailed information please refer to the pet insurance policy document.
Things you need to know
- As soon as your pet starts getting medical treatment for an illness or injury, it's considered a pre-existing condition going forward.
- We'll cover ongoing claims up to the limit set out in your policy. If you decide to take out a new policy or switch insurers, you’ll need to check if pre-existing conditions will be covered.
- When your pet reaches the age of seven, you'll have to pay 20% of the cost of any claim for vet fees, after the excess has been removed.
- As your pet gets older, the cost of your insurance will probably go up.
- You'll need to keep paying for your insurance to make sure your pet is covered. If your policy isn't valid, then vet fees for ongoing conditions won't be covered.
Take a look at our optional extras
Third party liability for dogs
For when your dog accidentally injures someone or damages their property and you don't already have liability cover under another policy.
Overseas Travel cover
In case your pet needs medical treatment while abroad, and you've followed the Government Pet Travel Scheme guidelines.
5 in 1 benefits package
- Payment if your pet (under 11 years old) dies from an injury or illness
- Cover towards adverts or rewards to help find your missing pet
- Payment if your lost or stolen pet isn't found within 45 days
- Cover towards pet boarding costs if you're in hospital for more than four days in a row
- Holiday cancellation cover if your pet needs life-saving treatment while you're away
All optional extras are subject to conditions, limits and exclusions. More details can be found here.