Coronavirus (COVID-19) update

Last updated: 27th March 2020

Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.

In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.

Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.

We need to prioritise:

  • Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
  • Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.

If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.

For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.

Compare cover

What’s the difference between Home Insurance and Home Insurance Plus? Let’s have a look...

Not all homes are the same. So why should your policy be? Here at Churchill we offer two types of cover- Home Insurance and Home Plus. Because when it comes to insuring your home and contents you can depend on Churchill.

There are a number of optional extras you can add to your Home Insurance policy, such as cover for accidental damage and personal possessions. These are all included with Home Plus.


You can compare and choose your cover level – just take a look at the table below.

Home Insurance Home Plus
Accidental Damage cover Optional
Alternative accommodation £25,000
Tracing and accessing of leaks in the house £5,000
Property owner's liability £2,000,000
Matching Sets and Suites Not available
Items inside the home £2,000 per item
Accidental Damage cover Optional
Alternative accommodation £15,000
Contents temporarily taken out of the home £5,000
Personal liability £2,000,000
Employer's liability £5,000,000
Matching Sets and Suites Not available
Cover items outside the home £2,500
Money £500
Bicycles £500 per cycle
Legal expenses cover
Up to £100,000
Home Emergency cover
Up to £500 per call out
Find out more

Both products offer cover for:

  • Contents in the garden including plants and landscaping (cover limits apply)
  • Loss or theft of house keys