Our claims process
If you suffer loss or damage to your property or its contents, please report the incident to us as soon as you can. You can do that in different ways:
Start your claim online
You can start your claim online instead of calling us. It's easy to do and is often faster.
Just complete this form to tell us what happened and what you’re claiming for.
During the festive season
- Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve 8am - 4pm
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year's Day CLOSED
- New claims: 28th December & 2nd January 9am - 5pm
- Existing claims: 28th December 9am - 5pm
- Existing claims: 2nd January CLOSED
Otherwise it's business as usual, and our emergency helpline is still open 24 hours.
Call to make a claim
Reporting your claim
If your home cannot be lived in due to damage caused by fire, flood or escape of water; or something needs to be done to secure the property i.e. damage to locks, windows or doors following theft, attempted theft, vandalism or malicious acts.
If you have been a victim of theft, vandalism or have lost items outside of your home, we will require a crime or loss reference number.
Please keep any damaged items for inspection. Evidence of ownership such as purchase receipts and photographs will also help us to deal with the claim.
For small claims, it’s sometimes possible to deal with them over the telephone through our approved suppliers. If we are unable to do this, we may ask for estimates or quotations from you to support your claim.
For larger claims, it’s likely we’ll arrange for a Claims Adviser to come out and visit you as soon as possible. In the event that your home is so badly damaged that you need another place to stay, alternative accommodation costs can be covered under the buildings and contents section of your policy (limits apply).
What will I be asked for?
- Your insurance policy number.
- The date and time that the accident happened
- Details of the event
- What the damage was to your building and/or contents
- A police report number or reference if you were given one