Home insurance - How to claim

Home Insurance claims

If you are unfortunate enough to suffer loss or damage to your property or its contents, you should report the incident to us as soon as reasonably possible.

Making a claim

There are no forms for you to complete, making the process quick and hassle free.

General claims

To report a claim, please call us on

Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm,
Sat: 9am - 5pm,
Sun: Closed

Call 0345 603 3590

Emergencies (24hr)

In the event of an emergency call our 24-hour emergency helpline.

Call 0345 301 6238

What’s an emergency?

If your home cannot be lived in due to damage caused by fire, flood or escape of water; or something needs to be done to secure the property i.e. damage to locks, windows or doors following theft, attempted theft, vandalism or malicious acts.

If you have been a victim of theft, vandalism or have lost items outside of your home, we will require a crime or loss reference number.

Please keep any damaged items for inspection. Evidence of ownership such as purchase receipts and photographs will also help us to deal with the claim.

For small claims, it’s sometimes possible to deal with them over the telephone through our approved suppliers. If we are unable to do this, we may ask for estimates or quotations from you to support your claim.

For larger claims, it’s likely we’ll arrange for a Claims Adviser to come out and visit you as soon as possible. In the event that your home is so badly damaged that you need another place to stay, alternative accommodation costs can be covered under the buildings and contents section of your policy (limits apply).

Make sure you have the following to hand when you call

  • Your insurance policy number.
  • The date and time that the accident happened
  • Details of the event
  • What the damage was to your building and/or contents
  • A police report number or reference if you were given one