To keep the number of questions we ask you to a minimum, we make some assumptions about you and your pet. Please make sure you read the assumptions below as they’ll form part of your insurance contract.
If any of these assumptions are incorrect, please call 0800 032 6528 to obtain your pet insurance quote.
We assume that:
- You accept that there’s no cover for any existing or previous condition or symptoms your pet has suffered or anything in any way related to them.
- You accept that there’s no cover for illness or disease arising within the first 10 days from the start date of the policy or the addition of a pet to a policy.
- You agree that where your pet is aged 7 years or more, in the event of a vet fees claim, in addition to your policy excess you’ll pay a percentage of the claim. The amount you’ll need to pay is shown in the policy wording.
- You’re a resident of the United Kingdom, the owner and keeper of the pet(s) and the pet(s) is/are kept in the United Kingdom at the address given.
- Your pet(s) has/have no vicious tendencies.
- You’ve never had any special terms imposed on a pet insurance policy applicable to the pet(s) to be covered under this policy.
- Your pet(s) won’t be used for monetary gain or in connection with any trade or business, commercial, guard or security purposes or for any form of racing, breeding or gun dog use.
- You agree to take proper and reasonable care of the pet(s) at all times.
- You accept that if the pet(s) has/have not been vaccinated or boosters up to date the conditions for which vaccines are routinely available won’t be covered under the policy.
- You agree that your pet meets the following age limits at the start date of the policy: over 8 weeks old but under 10 years 11 months (6 years for some dog breeds).
- You agree to keep us informed of any changes that could affect the policy.
- You accept that we won’t make any payment for any claim that results from an incident covered by other insurance, unless the cover provided by that insurance has been used up, such as but not limited to, third party liability.
- You accept that all cover is subject to the policy remaining in force. Any treatment, costs, fees or charges that are incurred for any section of the policy wording during a period of insurance where the premium hasn’t been received won’t be paid.
- You’ve read the policy wording which is located in the pet insurance policy documents