Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
To keep the number of questions we ask you to a minimum, we make some assumptions about you and your pet. Please make sure you read the assumptions below as they’ll form part of your insurance contract.
We assume that:
- You accept that there’s no cover for any existing or previous condition or symptoms your pet has suffered or anything in any way related to them.
- You accept that there’s no cover for illness or disease arising within the first 10 days from the start date of the policy or the addition of a pet to a policy.
- You agree that where your pet is aged 7 years or more, in the event of a vet fees claim, in addition to your policy excess you’ll pay a percentage of the claim. The amount you’ll need to pay is shown in the policy wording.
- You’re a resident of the United Kingdom, the owner and keeper of the pet(s) and the pet(s) is/are kept in the United Kingdom at the address given.
- Your pet(s) has/have no vicious tendencies.
- You’ve never had any special terms imposed on a pet insurance policy applicable to the pet(s) to be covered under this policy.
- Your pet(s) won’t be used for monetary gain or in connection with any trade or business, commercial, guard or security purposes or for any form of racing, breeding or gun dog use.
- You agree to take proper and reasonable care of the pet(s) at all times.
- You accept that if the pet(s) has/have not been vaccinated or boosters up to date the conditions for which vaccines are routinely available won’t be covered under the policy.
- You agree that your pet meets the following age limits at the start date of the policy: over 8 weeks old but under 10 years 11 months (6 years for some dog breeds).
- You agree to keep us informed of any changes that could affect the policy.
- You accept that we won’t make any payment for any claim that results from an incident covered by other insurance, unless the cover provided by that insurance has been used up, such as but not limited to, third party liability.
- You accept that all cover is subject to the policy remaining in force. Any treatment, costs, fees or charges that are incurred for any section of the policy wording during a period of insurance where the premium hasn’t been received won’t be paid.
- You’ve read the policy wording which is located in the pet insurance policy documents