Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
Your Churchill car insurance policy document contains all the information about your policy, but to help further, here’s our glossary of car insurance-related terms.
- Parts or products specifically designed to be fitted to your vehicle. We may treat some accessories as modifications, so please tell us about any alterations to your vehicle.
- Approved repairer
- A repairer we have approved and authorised to repair your vehicle following a claim under Section B or Section C of your policy.
- Approved windscreen supplier
- A repairer we have approved and authorised to repair or replace your windscreen as shown on your Schedule.
- Certificate of Motor Insurance
- This document provides evidence that you have taken out the insurance you must have by law. It identifies who can drive your vehicle and the purposes for which your vehicle can be used.
- The amount you must pay towards any claim.
- Market value
- The cost of replacing your vehicle with another of the same make and model and of a similar age and condition at the time of the accident or loss. If you bought your vehicle at a lower price than would normally be found in UK trade guides, we will reduce the market value accordingly.
- Motor Proposal Confirmation
- The document recording the statements made and information you gave or which was given for you when you bought your policy.
- Your husband, wife, civil partner or someone you are living with as if you are married to them.
- The policy booklet, Schedule, Motor Proposal Confirmation and Certificate of Motor Insurance.
- The document which identifies the policyholder and sets out details of the cover your policy provides.
- All terms, exceptions, conditions and limits which apply to your policy.
- Track day
- When your vehicle is driven on a racing track, an airfield or at an off-road event.
- Any form of trailer which has been specially built to be towed by a vehicle.
- Your vehicle
- Any private motor vehicle insured under your policy and described in the Certificate of Motor Insurance.
- In Sections B ‘Damage to your vehicle’ and C ‘Fire and theft’, the term ‘vehicle’ also includes its accessories and spare parts, whether they are on or in the vehicle, or in your locked private garage.
- We, us, our, the company
- Churchill Insurance Company Limited.
- You, your
- The person named as the policyholder in the Schedule.