Churchill’s Commitment to Accessibility
Churchill is committed to making sure that as many people as possible have access to this website and its content, and that no one is disenfranchised because of their disability.
This website has been designed to the accessibility guidelines detailed by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) opens in a new window set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) as part of their Web Accessibility Initiative.
Our ultimate goal is for the whole site to be compliant with the highest WCAG accessibility standards.
We aim to always optimise the website to the latest browsers to ensure maximised browser compatibility.
Our sites fully utilise CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to separate content from presentation, reducing file size and increasing download speeds. Most images have been regulated to the CSS document and where possible text alternatives for graphical content have been provided.
All pages of the site are navigable with the keyboard, mouse, and other assistive devises such as BrowseAloud.
Changing the Stylesheet, Colours and Text formats
You can import your own style sheet onto this website for your ease of access. This can be done in Internet Explorer by following these steps:
- select ‘Tool’
- select ‘Internet Options’
- select the ‘Accessibility’ button
- chose the corresponding checkboxes to ignore the font sizes, font styles and ignore colours
- then to use your style sheet, whilst in the same window, select the checkbox ‘Format document using my style sheet’
- finally select your style sheet and select ‘OK’
[Note that from stage 3 you can alternatively simply chose to ignore the site’s colours, fonts and text sizes.]
You can adjust the text size by following these steps in Internet Explorer:
- select ‘View’
- then select ‘Text Size’
- then chose your preferred text size
We aim to make the site as accessible as possible, but if you do encounter any problems please contact us and we’ll do our best to provide you with the information you need.
To obtain a quote, please follow the appropriate link below:
- Car insurance quote opens in a new window
- Home insurance quote opens in a new window
- Breakdown cover quote opens in a new window
- Van insurance quote opens in a new window
- Travel insurance quote opens in a new window
- Pet insurance quote opens in a new window
- Life insurance quote opens in a new window
If you have saved a quote and wish to retrieve it, please follow the link below:
FAQs - ask a question function
To use our online FAQ search facility, use the links below.