Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
Visitors can listen to this website with the aid of BrowseAloud, which is free to website visitors and can be easily downloaded from the BrowseAloud Website by clicking on the “get textHelp logo” next.
What is BrowseAloud?
We aim to always optimise the website to the latest browsers to ensure maximised browser compatibility.
Our sites fully utilise CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to separate content from presentation, reducing file size and increasing download speeds. Most images have been regulated to the CSS document and where possible text alternatives for graphical content have been provided.
BrowseAloud makes websites accessible to those who require online reading support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
It works by reading web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice. The user simply hovers their mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud.
What does BrowseAloud look like?
BrowseAloud features and options are accessed from an easy to use, floating toolbar. You can position this toolbar anywhere on your screen or hide from view, as you prefer.
What will BrowseAloud do for me?
- Reads web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice (Includes websites, intranets, extranets, html, accessible Flash, alt tags)
- Reads secure web pages
- Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
- Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
- Translates word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
- Converts text to MP3
- Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
How do I download BrowseAloud?
Other Accessibility concerns?
For further accessibility considerations please refer to the Churchill accessibility page.