It seems that your browser is outdated. For a better and faster experience simply upgrade to the latest version.

Close IE8 advice

Welcome to Churchill help pages

Most popular All areas questions

How do I contact Churchill car insurance by telephone?

The telephone number you'll need really depends on the nature of your call. Customer Services can be contacted on 0345 603 3551 but if you're calling about a quote, claim or renewal for example, we want to make sure you get through to the right person, so please see our complete list of our car insurance numbers and email addresses, which includes our opening times.

Who should I telephone in the event of a car insurance claim?

In the event of a claim please call us on 0345 603 3590.

Please follow the link for detailed advice on accidents and claims.

More information on Car Insurance.

Can I temporarily add a driver to my car insurance?

To add a temporary driver to your car insurance please contact us on 0345 603 3551.

Please make sure that you have the following information ready when you call

  • Drivers full name
  • Drivers date of birth
  • Drivers occupation
  • Type of licence held
  • Details of any convictions
  • Details of any claims
  • Details of any medical conditions that need to be disclosed to the DVLA

If I am buying a new car - how do I transfer my existing policy over to the new vehicle?

If you are buying a new car and want to transfer your existing policy over, you would need to contact us at our Customer Service Department and amend your current policy. There may be a variation in price and a change in the underwriting criteria for the new car, but this will be discussed with you.

More information on Car Insurance

What is the difference between comprehensive and third party fire and theft insurance?

Comprehensive covers damage to your car as a result of accident, fire or theft as well as cover for windscreen damage. You are also covered for third party damage if you have an accident. Comprehensive cover includes other items such as personal accident/injury, death of policyholder, medical expenses, personal effects, in–car entertainment.

Third party fire and theft covers damage to your car as a result of fire or theft and covers for third party damage if you have an accident.

More information on Car Insurance