Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
Churchill Car insurance customers could save even more money on buildings and contents insurance with an existing customer discount.
Of course, for most home owners, deciding where to buy your home insurance isn’t just about finding the cheapest quote. Choosing the right cover and feeling comfortable with the service is just as important. You already trust us with your car insurance, so why not switch your home insurance to Churchill too?
These are some of the benefits you’ll get with Churchill building and contents insurance:
- To save you the bother of working out the amount of cover you need, you’ll automatically get up to £1,000,000 of buildings insurance cover and up to £50,000 contents. That doesn’t mean it’s a ‘one size fits all’ approach. It just means that the price you pay is based on the size, type and location of your property.
- Your shed, garage and other outbuildings are covered as standard too, including the tools and gardening equipment you store in them – up to a value of £2,500 for items stolen.
- You can add on extra cover to suit your needs and budget. Personal Possessions cover protects your belongings away from home (in the UK and abroad). You can also take out additional Home Emergency cover and Family Legal Protection.
- All calls are answered here in the UK. Whether you call for a quote; to make a claim; or use the emergency 24-hour helpline, you’ll get through to one of our friendly advisors.
For more information about Churchill building and contents insurance, take a look at our summary of cover.