Critical Illness Cover
Churchill Life Insurance is provided by Legal & General.
Common critical illnesses such as cancer, heart attacks and strokes can come without warning. These can seriously impact your quality of life and might stop you from working. Critical Illness Cover could pay out your chosen amount of cover on diagnosis of a specified condition, if you’re eligible to claim. Should the unexpected happen, you could use the money to help cover medical expenses, pay your mortgage, or to help your family through a difficult time.
Critical Illness Cover can be added when you take out all our life insurance policies for an extra cost. You’ll only pay one premium, but the policy will pay out if you die or are diagnosed with a specified critical illness while the policy is running.
Critical Illness Cover is not the same as Terminal Illness Cover. Terminal Illness Cover could only pay out the amount of cover if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness and have a life expectancy of 12 months or less. Critical Illness Cover may pay out regardless of your life expectancy.
Benefits of Critical Illness Cover:
- Covers specified conditions.
- To see the full list of critical illnesses covered, take a look at the Guide to Critical Illness Cover.
- If you are diagnosed with one of these conditions whilst the policy is running and are eligible to claim, it will pay a cash sum directly to you.
- This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made.
- If you stop paying premiums before the end of your policy, your cover will end 30 days after your missed payment.
- Not all forms of cancer are covered.
- If you intentionally take your own life in the first 12 months of your cover, your policy will be cancelled and will not pay out. However all premiums paid will be refunded.
- We recommend that you also read the Guide to Critical Illness Cover opens in a new window for a more detailed breakdown of each condition covered and the Policy Summaryopens in a new window.