Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
Travel insurance assumptions
In order to get a quote, please ensure you agree with the assumptions listed below.
- All travellers on the policy live permanently in the United Kingdom
- Your trip will start and finish in the United Kingdom
- You agree that there is no cover in the event of a claim being related directly or indirectly to a Pre-Existing Medical Condition, unless you have declared the condition to us and had it accepted in writing*.
If you would rather speak to someone, or to tell us about any Pre-Existing Medical Condition, call 0800 032 6534.
*A definition of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition can be found in the Churchill Travel Insurance policy wording.