Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
- Vandalism promise
If your car is vandalised and you have a crime reference number, you won’t lose your No Claim Discount when you make a claim. Comprehensive cover only, excess applies, damage can't have been caused by another vehicle.
And if you use one of our recommended garages, we’ll clean your car inside and out too.
- Uninsured Driver Promise
- If an uninsured driver hits your car, we don’t see why you should suffer. Once it’s confirmed that the accident isn’t your fault, our comprehensive cover will protect your claim free years and cover your excess too. Make sure you get the registration number, make and model of the other car. Find out more.
- Discounts for named drivers
- As long as your named driver remains claim free, they may be eligible for a discount when they take out a policy in their own name with us
- New car cover
- If your car has been stolen (not recovered) or written off, we’ll replace it with a new one of the same make and model if it’s less than a year old and you’re the first (and only) registered owner (Comprehensive cover only).
- 24-hour emergency helpline
- Everyone needs someone to turn to in an emergency. That’s why we have just one number you can call, day or night
- Repairs guaranteed for 5 years
- New replacement car if your vehicle is under 12 months old
If you’re the first owner and registered keeper
- Personal accident cover
- For policyholder and spouse or partner (Comprehensive cover only)
- Cover for personal belongings in the car
- Subject to limit (Comprehensive cover only)
- More details on car insurance