To keep the number of questions we ask you to a minimum, we make some assumptions about you and your vehicle. Please ensure you read the checklist below as it will form part of your insurance contract.
If your circumstances change between the date you purchase the policy and the date when you require the policy to commence, please call us. Incorrect information could invalidate all or part of the car insurance policy.
If any of these assumptions are incorrect, please call to obtain your car insurance quote.
We assume that:
- All drivers are at least 17 years of age, hold a valid EU driving licence and are permanently resident in the UK.
- All drivers are under 96 years of age (if any drivers are aged 96 or above, please contact BIBA at https://www.biba.org.uk/find-insurance/ or call them on 0370 950 1790 for a quote.
- The total number of accidents or claims for all drivers does not exceed 5 in the last 3 years.
- The total number of convictions, fixed penalties or disqualifications for all drivers does not exceed 3 in the last 5 years.
- The vehicle is owned and registered by you, your spouse, partner or civil partner (not business partner) at your address and you, your spouse, partner or civil partner (not business partner) are the main driver of the vehicle. Your documents will state that the policyholder is the legal owner and registered keeper of the vehicle.
- The vehicle has not been modified or altered in any way (including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine). You, your spouse, partner or civil partner (not business partner) will be the main driver.
- You use the vehicle for social, domestic and pleasure use or for commuting to and from your normal place of work if your occupation is one of the following: Motor Trade, Retired, Housewife/Househusband, Driver, Student and Unemployed. For all other occupations the vehicle may be used in connection with your business or those of your spouse, partner or civil partner (not business partner). If you require additional drivers to have business use or are uncertain about the type of use you require, please contact us.
- Your business or the business of your employer is not in any way connected with any of the following: the entertainment and fashion industry, professional sports, foreign service or diplomatic personnel, scrap or salvage merchants, general dealers, mini-cab drivers or controllers.
- The annual mileage of your vehicle does not exceed 50,000.
- The value of your vehicle is no greater than £50,000.
- Your No Claim Discount (NCD) must have been earned in the UK (including Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland) and issued by your previous UK insurer. All NCD must be written in English, the NCD level shown in years and not as a percentage. All NCD should be in your name as the policyholder and not be in use on any other vehicle.
- You accept this car insurance policy on an automatic renewal basis and agree to us automatically renewing your policy each year using the payment details given when you purchased the policy unless you ask us not to.