Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
At Churchill we allow you to tailor your policy with these optional extras for an additional premium.
No Claim Discount protection
If you have a minimum of 4 years no claim discount, with no more than one fault claim within the past three years for all drivers combined, then you will be eligible to purchase No Claim Discount Protection.
Having No Claim Discount Protection means that your No Claim Discount (NCD) will not be affected by:
- One claim made during the current period of cover, or by
- Two claims arising in the three preceding years of insurance.
You will cease to be eligible for the benefit if claims exceed the above number. However your premium may still increase following a claim.
Churchill Legal Assistance Service
If you have an accident involving your car where you're not to blame, you have the right to claim from the person responsible.
We'll provide up to £100,000 of legal costs to help you to claim, where no other insurance policy will cover your losses, as long as there is a better than 50% chance that your claim will succeed.
Examples of what you may claim for include compensation for personal injury, loss of earnings and accident repair costs if you don't have comprehensive cover.
Guaranteed Hire Car Plus
With Guaranteed Hire Car Plus, you'll get a hire car if your car is damaged as a result of an accident, fire or is stolen and not recovered.
- A car for up to 21 days from registering your claim
- A car of a similar physical size to your own
- A replacement car within 24 hours of registering your claim
- Travel costs up to a maximum of £500 (over the 21 days following your claim), if a hire car is unavailable or you suffer an injury during the accident which prevents you from driving
How to buy Guaranteed Hire Car Plus
To buy Guaranteed Hire Car Plus, just select this option when you get a quote. If you're an existing customer, just call us on 0345 603 3551 and we'll add it to your policy straight away.