Contact us

Need some help with your car insurance?

  • It’s easy to manage your car policy online

    Need to make a change to your car policy? You can upload documents, change the name on your policy and request documents online.

    Manage your car policy
  • We may already have the answer

    If you have any car insurance questions, the answer may be waiting on our FAQs page.

    Go to FAQs
  • Uploading a document

    Upload any of the following car insurance documents via our online portal:

    • No Claim Discount
    • Company car NCD
    • Proof of security
    • Death certificate
    • Pass Plus
    • Power of attorney
    • Engineer’s report
    Upload now

Your car policy may renew automatically

We’ll send you a renewal letter ar least 21 days before your car policy ends. If everything checks out and you’re happy, then you don’t have to do anything.

Give us a call

If you still have a question about your car insurance, we’ll get you talking to the right person.

  • Quotes

    0800 032 4829

    Mon – Fri
    8am – 9pm
    9am – 5pm
    Sunday & bank holidays
    10am – 5pm
  • Customer service

    0345 603 3551

    Mon – Fri
    8am – 6pm
    9am – 5pm
    Sunday & bank holidays
    10am – 5pm
  • Renewals

    0345 603 3560

    Mon – Fri
    8am – 9pm
    9am – 5pm
    Sunday & bank holidays
    10am – 5pm
  • Claims

    0345 603 3590

    Reporting an accident? Email

    Mon – Fri
    8am – 8pm
    Saturday & bank holidays
    9am – 5pm
  • Existing claims

    0345 600 2139

    Mon – Fri
    8am – 6pm
    9am – 5pm
  • 24 hours emergency

    0345 603 3599

    24 hours a day
    365 days a year

  • Legal advice line

    0345 246 2408

    24 hours a day
    365 days a year

Calls may be monitored and recorded. Call charges will vary.

Not happy?

If you wish to make a complaint please email for Sales and Service complaints, email for Claims complaints or view our complaints procedure.

Our pick of helpful car insurance questions

  • Are my spouse and I covered for business use?

    Business cover will be included automatically (when your policy is purchased through our website) for you and your spouse or partner if you have had a civil partnership ceremony and live at the same address, unless either of you hold one of the following occupations:

    • Motor Trade
    • Retired
    • Housewife/Househusband
    • Student
    • Unemployed
    • Chauffeur working on a hire and reward basis
    • Courier/Driver working on a hire and reward basis and/or delivering goods that they or their employer do not own

    In these cases the vehicle may only be used for Social, Domestic and Pleasure (SDP) purposes.

    In addition we cannot offer insurance where the vehicle is taken Airside (near to aircraft) or is used for paid driving tuition or where the policy holder or their spouse/partner is a foreign diplomat with immunity.

    For all other occupations the vehicle may be used in connection with your business or those of your spouse, partner or civil partner (not business partner).

    If you require additional drivers to have business use or are uncertain about the type of use you require, please call our Customer Hotline.

    If you are an existing customer, your policy documents will confirm which cover applies to the policy.

    If you are in doubt about any of the above please contact the Customer Hotline on 0800 200 326.

    Please note: business cover is required where your occupation requires you or your spouse/partner to travel to more than one permanent place of work. You will need business cover if you or your spouse/partner has more than one occupation.

  • What do I need to provide as proof of my No Claim Discount (NCD)?

    Please provide your current renewal notice or a letter on headed paper from your previous insurer or broker confirming your No Claim Discount (NCD) and include the following details:

    • Previous insurer’s name
    • Previous insurer’s policy number
    • Your name
    • Policy expiry date
    • Number of years NCD

    Please remember to include your Churchill policy number when sending us your proof of your NCD.

    It’s quick and easy to get your documents to us, you can upload a copy of your NCD through our secure online portal, alternatively we accept original or copies of documents in the following ways:

    Post ‐ Please see address below

    Email ‐

    Your NCD must be from a valid UK insurer and must not be older than 2 years. Your NCD must be expressed in number of years.

    NCD proof should be sent to:
    Customer Service
    The Wharf
    Neville Street
    LS1 4AZ

    Please note that your NCD can only be used on one policy at any one time.

    It is your responsibility to provide us with proof of NCD.

  • If I am buying a new car - how do I transfer my existing policy over to the new vehicle?

    If you are buying a new car and want to transfer your existing policy over, you would need to contact us at our Customer Service Department and amend your current policy. There may be a variation in price and a change in the underwriting criteria for the new car, but this will be discussed with you.

    More information on Car Insurance

  • Can I temporarily add a driver to my car insurance?

    To add a temporary driver to your car insurance please contact us on 0345 603 3551.

    Please make sure that you have the following information ready when you call

    • Drivers full name
    • Drivers date of birth
    • Drivers occupation
    • Type of licence held
    • Details of any convictions
    • Details of any claims
See more questions