If you have Home Emergency cover and want to make a claim, because of the significant weather disruption affecting travel, engineers may not be able to attend your home for 48 hours. If you would prefer to choose your own local qualified engineer this option is available to you within the limits, terms and conditions set out within your policy document. You can obtain a reimbursement of these costs by emailing email@example.com, including your policy reference number in the email and your invoice for the work carried out. Remember to check your policy document to see what you're covered for.
Full details of your home emergency cover are in section 5 of your policy wording, of which a version can be found here
Home Emergency Cover Summary
What is covered
- Up to £500 for call out, labour and parts in the event of an emergency at your home which, if not dealt with quickly, will:
- make your home unsafe or insecure;
- cause loss or damage to your home and its contents; or
- leave your home with a total loss of heating, lighting or water.
- Up to £250 for one night’s necessary alternative accommodation if the property becomes uninhabitable overnight as a result of an insured emergency.
Summary of exclusions and limits
We will not pay for the following:
- Boilers with an output over 70kw.
- Underfloor heating, solar heating systems or warm air systems.
- Cover for plumbing, drainage or heating after your home has been unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row.
- Any loss or damage which occurs during the first 14 days following the start of your Home Emergency cover.
- Any work, including power flushing, due to water scale deposits or sludge caused by corrosion.
- Any household appliances such as, but not limited to, washing machines or dishwashers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have emergency plumber cover in my policy?
- This comes as standard with our Churchill Home Plus insurance. It can also be added on as an optional extra with our Home Insurance at an additional cost. Emergency plumber cover is part of our Home Emergency add on.
- What's an uncontrollable water leak?
- An uncontrollable water leak is a leak from your internal plumbing and drainage that you cannot stop and which causes continuous damage to your home.
- What's a home emergency?
A home emergency is an incident in the home which, if not dealt with quickly, will do at least one of the following:
- Make the home unsafe or insecure for its occupants
- Cause damage to the home and its contents
- Leave the home without its primary source of heating, lighting or water
- Do I have to pay an excess for an emergency plumber?
- No, there is no excess for a Home Emergency claim
- What's the cover limit for an emergency plumber call-out?
- We will pay up to £500 (including VAT) for each emergency assistance call-out to cover the cost of the call-out, labour at the customer's home, and parts to fix the leak.