Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
Please read the assumptions we have made about you and your property before continuing. If any of the assumptions are incorrect you should call us to obtain an insurance quote.
Should you decide to buy this policy, these details will form the basis of the insurance contract between us. Incorrect information could invalidate all or part of the policy.
Insurance cover is subject to our Churchill’s standard policy wording.
- Is your main residence and is permanently occupied solely by you and your family.
- Is maintained in a good state of repair.
- Is roofed with slate, tile, concrete, metal or asphalt.
- Is not left unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row.
- Is self contained with its own front door.
- To your knowledge your home (including your land) has not been damaged by flood during the last 10 years.
- Your home (including your land) is not currently flooded or in danger of flooding.
- Has not been affected by subsidence or structural movement and is not in an area subject to subsidence.
- Is not used for business purposes other than paperwork, telephone calls, child minding and computer work.
Items in the home
- No one valuable item should be worth more than £2000 unless listed separately on the policy.
(Please note ‘valuable items’ include jewellery, watches, furs, items or sets or collections of gold, silver or other precious metals, works of art, sets of stamps, coins or medals).
You and any adult living with you
- Have never had home insurance refused, cancelled, or declared null and void.
- Have never had special terms imposed for home insurance.
- Have never been convicted of any criminal offence (other than motoring convictions) or have any prosecutions pending.