Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
With our Home Emergency cover you can relax.
For up to £500 per call out, we’ll cover you for emergency repairs, call-out charges, labour and new parts. And, with our 24-hour emergency helpline, our expert advisors will contact an authorised repairer to get you back on track as soon as possible.
We know that anything from a leak to a wasp nest can cause panic, but if you give us a call we can help you with the following emergencies:
- Heating – cover for your home’s primary heating system.
- Whether it’s mid-January or the middle of summer, a broken boiler is no fun at all. If yours is playing up, give us a call and we’ll get a fully-trained professional over to you. A cold home is not a happy one.
- Plumbing and Drainage – covers you for any internal plumbing and drainage, plus, underground external drainage.
- Leaks lead to panic. But if your ceiling begins to drip, stay calm and give us a call. We will talk you through what needs to be done straight away, while sending a trained professional over to fix the damage.
- Electrical Wiring – covers you against the failure of the main electrical supply in your home.
- A bit of DIY sounded like a good idea, until you drilled through the mains electricity supply. Step away from the drill and give us a call. We’ll send over an approved repairer to safely restore your electricity supply.
- Security – any damage to external locks on windows and doors.
- A key snapping off in your lock can be extremely irritating. Rather than spending wasted hours wistfully staring at your front door, give us a call and we will arrange for a repairer to let you in and fix the lock.
- Pests – removal of pest infestations in your home.
- Whether it’s wasps, rats or termites, don’t risk the unnecessary bites, stings and scratches by trying to remove the unwelcome guests that have settled into your home. Just give us a call and we will send round a professional who will clear your home of the infestation.