Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
There are a few precautions you can take to help protect your home against stormy weather. Just watch our short video, or see the steps shown below.
6 steps to help prepare for storms
- Clean out gutters at least once a year to prevent rainwater overflowing and getting into plasterwork and decorations.
- Check for any damage to chimneys, roof tiles and TV aerials. Good home maintenance reduces the risk of more damage occurring during a storm. Or get a professional in to help. Also check any gates or fences.
- Remove loose or overhanging tree branches from your property to prevent damage in a storm. You may need to speak to your Local Authority to see if any trees are protected.
- If a storm is forecast, secure loose objects such as ladders, garden furniture or anything else that could be blown into windows and other objects and break them.
- Close and securely fasten doors and windows and make sure you secure any large doors such as those on garages.
- If you have a car, park it in a garage, or if you don’t have a garage, just make sure you keep them clear of buildings, trees, walls and fences.