Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
The importance of holiday insurance
Every year holidays are ruined because of accidents, illness or theft. Those travelling without holiday insurance can find themselves left with huge bills to cover hospital costs or emergency transportation home – bills that can amount to hundreds or even thousands of pounds.
And with the increasing number of gadgets available to take on holiday, the cost of replacing stolen items could amount to more than the cost of the holiday itself if you don’t have holiday insurance.
Travel insurance policies are specifically designed to provide cover for:
- The duration of your trip
- Medical emergencies
- 24 hour assistance
- Activities (you may find some sports such as skiing are excluded from a standard policy or require extended cover)
- Cancellation or cutting short your holiday
- Your personal possessions
Find out more about Churchill Travel Insurance.