If your home has been affected by flooding, there are a few steps you can take to help get things back to normal.
Steps to take
- Get in touch with Churchill on 0345 603 3590 as soon as you can. We’ll pay for flood emergency repairs – you’ll just need to let us know.
- Take photos of the damage as they might help your claim..
- If water has flooded wiring or electrical systems, don’t touch them before you have arranged a professional inspection. Turn off the electricity at the mains if it’s safe to do so.
- Leave all of your windows, internal doors and cupboard doors open to help dry out your home. Dry out rugs and cushions but don’t lift carpets unless absolutely necessary as they may shrink. It could take weeks or even months for your home to dry out so bear this in mind before you re-decorate.
- For more help and advice during a flood, call the Environment Agency’s Floodline on 0345 988 1188 and stay tuned to local radio.
- If your property is so badly damaged that’s you can’t stay in it, then we’ll arrange temporary accommodation while the repairs are being done.