Following the Government’s announcement asking everyone to stay at home, we’re making some changes to the way we work to make sure we’re looking after our people and our customers. We’re setting up as many of our colleagues as possible to work from home, but this will take a few days.
In the short-term, we’re only accepting new business online. That means new customers can’t buy insurance over the phone.
Existing customers: Please don’t phone unless it’s absolutely necessary.
We need to prioritise:
- Customers who have an urgent claim, for example your car is undrivable following an accident, you are injured, or your home is uninhabitable.
- Customers who can’t pay now as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, call us - we want to help you.
If you have questions about your renewal or want to make a change to your policy, you can use our virtual assistant. If your policy is due to renew in the next week and you haven’t opted for auto-renewal, please call us. If you have opted for auto-renewal, please make sure your insurance still meets your needs.
For more information and frequently asked questions about COVID-19, go to our Coronavirus help and support page.
If your vehicle is damaged as a result of an accident, fire or theft, or if it is stolen and not recovered, we will give you a hire vehicle as long as the loss takes place in the UK, and is covered by section B or C of your car insurance policy.
What do I get?
- A replacement car for repairs and write offs and if the car is stolen
- A small hatchback or similar with an engine size of 1000cc
- A replacement car within 24 hours of registering your claim
- Cover for up to 14 days from registering your Guaranteed Hire Car claim
- Alternatively, we’ll pay for your travel costs if we are unable to supply you with a car or you are unable to drive due to injury
- Up to £15 a day over the 14 days following your Guaranteed Hire Car claim